Depicting the day-to-day death defying feats of parenting a child with ADHD, SID and ODD...and his brother.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Everything is going to be ok, I have a PLAN!

Oh yes...yes I do! :D

Today I have a lot to get done:
1. make earrings for my Bike Part Jewelry business to send to ArtMart in Boulder, CO
2. take pictures of the new line of metal and chain maille scrapbooking embellishments I need to add to the webstore (HandmadecreationsbyLynn); and add them to be available for purchase
3. laundry...but I have a plan! I bought the boys their own small laundry baskets the other day so they can start taking up their own laundry after I fold it. This will be a multi-step process. First they will get used to being responsible for taking their baskets full of their laundry upstairs and I or hubs will put the clothes away; then they will take up the baskets AND put the laundry away, with supervision; THEN they can do it all themselves. I'm banking on about 3 weeks total, but we shall see
4. I need to update my Bike Part Jewelry website with the new jewelry (both with and without bicycle parts) I've created recently
5. I need to rearrange my chain maille rings
6. I have GOT to break and clean some bicycle chains for the jewelry business...breaking first, then stick them in the tumbler for cleaning
7. I need to work on M's weighted lap blanket. I'm half way through the 11th row of rings (it's stainless steel rings in European 4 in1 chainmaille pattern). It's taking longer than I thought, but I had forgotten how hard it is to work with stainless steel rings when you don't do it on a daily basis. Those things are tough! But it's going to be AWESOME when it's finished
8. I want to figure out how to make M a body sox, or maybe I'll just buy one for him
9. I need to get my head together with all the suggestions the OT made for school and home accommodations for M yesterday
10. Finally, I must make J (M's younger brother) a picture schedule so he can get everything into his backpack BEFORE I say it's time to leave...we had an issue over a water bottle this morning, and he ended up not being able to take it because he refused to fill it up at school and we didn't have time to fill it up at home

It's going to be a busy day, but I think I'm up to the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment